02 May 2018

Doctor Poison Version 2 Photo Gallery

We meet again after another hiatus!  While I do try to keep this blog updated, the fact is that life has been increasingly busy of late.  I am at the present speaking with several universities about earning a pre-medical degree with the end goal of attending medical school, so you understand how that can get time-consuming.  Living history events are also starting to ramp up, which is good for you because it means I may get back onto the blogging wagon in the near future!

Today I bring you photo of my second version of Doctor Poison.  With the release of the Wonder Woman artbook, new information became available regarding how the costume was made, what fabric, the correct color, etc., so being a crazy perfectionist I redid the whole damn thing.

This new version is made with a dark green cotton twill, as it appears the onscreen version was.  I also have confirmation that she wore trousers underneath, so I of course added those.  The entire "dress" needed to be re-drafted and in the process I re-drafted the hood to reduce bulk in the back, because I am 99% certain that the onscreen version was darted rather than gathered.  I finished the costume off with a vintage belt buckle, the same goggles worn onscreen, and a pair of WW1-era vintage boots.

An iphone malfunction in January lost me a lot of the progress photos from this costume, and for that I apologize.  The entire phone was irretrievable and while I had backups, I didn't make them often enough and I lost about a month's worth of photos  I may try to resurrect some of them into a progress post, but no promises, citing life business once again.  I would at least like to talk about the hood, because it seems there may be interest, and perhaps also about the mask, though I am having a life cast of my head done so that means I may be able to make one with an even better fit!

One final amendment: it seems also that Elena Anaya also wore leggings/spats onscreen, which I only confirmed this April.  I have a pair of similar spats that I use for WW1 costuming, so I will add those the next time I wear this costume.

I present, at last, my photos.  This summer I hope to have a formal photoshoot.  Pending that, all these photos were taken at the Arisia 2018 photobooth in a whirlwind before I was due to begin my duties as a masquerade judge.

 




 



No comments:

Post a Comment